The Polymers Technology Center purchased a Maag Extrex gear pump for their 50mm Leistritz Maxx compounding line. This high performance extrusion gear pump will allow for a broader application range when compounding and pelletizing materials and increase the output stability of our twin screw.
Extrusion plants, like the Polymer Technology Center, need extremely reliable gear pumps with high pumping consistency and a configuration to suit each application. The modular design of the extrex gear pump make light work of meeting diverse requirements. The Extrex 70 series gear pump has optimised flow channel geometry, specially heat-treated shafts and an innovative bearing design that enables higher speeds and flow rates.
- Optimized flow channels
- High overall efficiency and minimized friction thanks to pioneering gear and bearing technology
- Low pulsation pumping even at high differential pressures
- Leak-free operation depending on compound sensitivity possible
- Gentle pressure increases
- Minimal temperature increase
- Highly efficient self-cleaning properties
- Compact design
- No relevant temperature increase
- High performance gear pump for rubber extruder